Open educational resources (OER) are free and openly licensed educational materials that can be used for teaching, learning, research, and other purposes.
This team is comprised of staff from University Libraries, Information Technology Services, and the Center for Transformative Teaching. This team is available for consultation for any OER project you are currently using or are thinking about starting. This team can help you find OER resources, design educational materials you want to create or use and help with any technology related to use of OER materials.
You can set up a meeting with this team by contacting Brad Severa at 402-472-0606 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAR Link: https://teaching.unl.edu/star-initiative/
Some Online Resources
OER incorporates full courses, course materials, modules, textbooks, streaming videos, tests, and software. The OER movement is currently growing because of the rising cost of educational materials (especially textbooks). The list below provides you with some OER resources.
- The Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources – CCCOER is a joint effort by the OER Center for California and many other community colleges and university partners to develop and use open educational resources (OER).
- Affordable Learning Solutions is a California State University collection of over 35,000 open course materials.
- MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.
- The Open Course Library It is a collection of expertly developed educational materials – including textbooks, syllabi, course activities, readings, and assessments – for 81 high-enrollment college courses. 42 courses have been completed so far, providing faculty with a high-quality, affordable option that will cost students no more than $30 for textbooks.
- OER Common was created as a network for teaching and learning materials, the web site offers engagement with resources in the form of social bookmarking, tagging, rating, and reviewing.
- The Open Education Resource (OER) Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides leadership, networking, and support for educators and educational institutions to achieve their objectives through Open Education.