- The UNL Academic Video service is available to instructors and students at UNL.
Getting started with VidGrid
UNL Academic Video features:
- Full service 99% ADA compliant closed captioning completed by real people at VidGrid
- Edit videos in your library after it has been uploaded
- Built-in non-destructive video editor
- Add a “blur” effect in editing mode to hide unwanted areas
- Replace videos with updated versions without having to change the URL or embed code
- Resize or remove the video window even as you record
- Choose the area of the screen you you want to capture
- Better manage permissions for specific groups
- Professional Closed captioning is currently available to all instructors with academic videos. Learn how to request captions for your videos by watching this short video: https://help.vidgrid.com/en/articles/2583552-adding-video-captions
- To request captioning through the office of Services for Students withy Disabilities, please contact Barbara Woodhead (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Service for Students with Disabilities office.
AUTOMATED LECTURE CAPTURE
ITS currently offers a free automated lecture capture service in specially equipped rooms. This service allows an instructor to have their lectures recorded automatically based on the course schedule. Classes will be recorded automatically then routed to the instructor’s VidGrid library. Recordings in the rooms listed below will include a video camera focused on the instructor area, the PC image displayed on the screen and audio from the instructor’s microphone.
INSTRUCTOR MUST WEAR A MICROPHONE WHICH IS SUPPLIED IN EACH ROOM.
You must have a VidGrid account to use the automated lecture capture service. Follow the steps above to acquire an account before requesting a scheduled recording.
Rooms currently equipped with Automated Lecture Capture:
- ARCH 127
- AVH 106
- AVH 115
- FOOD 42
- HAH 110
- HENZ 124
- JH 110
- KEIM 262
- LLS 102
- LPH 209
- OTHM 106
- RH 15
- TEAC 105