24 Peer Review: Editing/Grading
Peer review is beneficial to your students and you as a teacher. Peer review can include writing assessments, verbal assessments, presentations, projects, and more. Use rubrics or peer-review guidelines for students when creating peer-review assessments.
Benefits to Students:
- Develop and strengthen their writing skills
- Develop and strengthen their communication skills
- Develop constructive feedback skills
- Fosters critical thinking skills
- Allow students to clarify ideas, concepts, knowledge, etc.
- Minimizes drafts
- Learn how to edit their own work
- Cuts down on grading time
- Fewer grammar errors
- Collaborative learning environment
Canvas Peer Review Feature:
Canvas has a peer review feature in assignments and for the discussion board.
Assignments Peer Review Tutorial – https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10256-4152719640 (Links to an external site.)
Discussion Board Peer Review Tutorial: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12946-4152719642